Freemasonry in the Community
Five of Nine Club's chosen Charity 2018/19
Raised so far
The Five of Nine Club is a not-for-profit organisation and while sustainability is important to us, it is equally important to give what we can. Therefore, the club will donate any surplus income above and beyond it’s financial aspirations to a chosen charity, community organisation or good cause each year.
Through the support of our members it is hoped we can raise £509, of which 100% will be donated directly to our chosen organisation.
We’re only asking for £3 from each member.
It is important us to practice what we preach and take our values into our local communities to support when we can, charity, love and relief in its tiniest form can make a big difference.
Titke jdsh b \oi\v \svoi
xcljkn kk ki ik ioj gw0IH Gw ihweIJGJ [weifj [0IGjg [ [d i jvjvjvpsps s s spsp pspsjd po
Join the Pack
Wolf Run, Tough Mudder, etc
Blah, blah, blah...
Other ways you can help
Acorns Summer Fete and BBQ 2018
For us, charity and giving is not just about money. Giving, energy, effort and care are equally important. The club in the past has been hands-on with the collection and distribution of items to homeless people, to painting, decorating and gardening to help the most vulnerable in society.
And we’re at it again. This time we are assisting Acorns Children’s Hospice. Acorn's mission is incredible. Helping Children with life limiting or life threatening care needs and supporting their families in what must be the most harrowing time. Five of Nine members were so moved by the excellent work undertaken at Acorns Children’s Hospice we just had to go back.
So, we need your help!
- Volunteers – be hands-on and to help on the day.
- Encourage – your lodge, your friends, family, and children to attend.
- Donate – prizes, gifts and items for raffle and tombola prizes.
There are several specific roles to assist:
- Start-Up Team - We need to find a Brethren with access to a Transit Van and a team to help get the tables from a local church.
- Tidy Up team - This is a critical area to assist the staff at Acorns, both to break down the stalls and remove tables and help in tidying up the site.
- Meet and greet team - In the Warwickshire Provincial Grand Lodge and Five of Nine Club info stall and gazebo. Help explain what we are and do and also raise some funds for Acorns.
- Who do you know who does either balloon art or face painting?
Look out for the upcoming social media campaign and if you're able to attend, bring plenty of money and your families, and prepare to have some fun on the stalls!
Please also send and share this information out to your respective Secretary's and Lodges, and friends and family to raise awareness of the event and help all those at Acorns Children’s Hospice.
If you or anyone you know has been sat on a decent 12-year-old Malt that has been collecting dust and you fancy dropping into the Raffle and prize draws, you are more than welcome! That goes for tins of biscuits, preferably less than 12 years old.
We're looking to provide prizes for the various stalls, raffles, tombolas etc.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
- Toys, homewares, garden plants.
- Bric-a-Brac, knitwear, clothes.
- Prizes for the various games, coconut shy, pluck a duck.
- Pick and mix sweets, cakes etc.
Your Next Steps:
If Volunteering is of interest to you, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with what you can commit to, along with your phone number. If there is any equipment or skills you or any associate, colleagues, family or friends can bring, please state this on the email (i.e. gazebos, van, balloon art, face painting).
If Donating is for you Acorns Children’s Hospice needs everything from booze to bargains for the various stalls, raffles, Bric-a-Brac stands. Only good quality items, please. If anyone wishes to make a specific donation, please email email@example.com